Remote work is not something new at all, it is not as fashionable as many imagine, calm down. If it is true that more and more companies are adopting it and not only large ones, it is possible that companies of all sizes and sectors can implement this work methodology without doubts.
Of course, not all tasks can be performed remotely, we agree, but why not do it with the ones that can?
Let’s see what are some of the reasons why all companies should have it on the agenda:
- Build confidence
- Reduce costs
- Optimize times
- Improve productivity
- It is the same or even more secure
Remote work? Do not panic
Surely today the company where you work is more revolutionized than usual, the reality that is not at all abnormal that it is so. No one had on the agenda the need to plan almost all of their normal activities, but the situation demands it and we must not despair.
I would like, beyond the technical concepts, to share with you another approach. To tackle the technical there is never money, and generally there is not time either, calm down.
- Focus and plan, this will allow you to have better management of the situation. Your team will feel accompanied and will be more open to collaboration.
- Be clear, confident and concise. This will give your middle managers peace of mind and you will be able to remain focused on the issues that the company needs your attention.
- I transmitted confidence, you will be able to count on each of your collaborators in the face of this change and you will see that they will also transmit confidence to you.
Everything can work just as well, or even why not better.
- Someone who does not have to travel 1 hour or more to just start working there. Ditto for the return (double voucher) Why wouldn’t I do it better, happier?
- Working from the comfort of your home, with your things close at hand and at your disposal, will not be a distraction at all.
- It is not necessary to have a boss be on your monitor from 9 to 18.
- Businesses don’t care where tasks run from. What they will say is installed by us human beings, not by companies.
I know, you were worried about the technical.
Well, although it may not seem like that today, it’s easier, don’t you believe me? Look!
- Trello , a free tool for sharing job boards.
- Slack, a free tool to maintain as many communication channels as you can think of.
- Mail already use, let’s not waste time.
- Cell phone, notebook or tablet, ditto to the previous item.
- WhatsApp, Hangouts, Teams, and several more to make video calls and chat.
- OneDrive, Dropbox, puff… how many more…!
In short, there are countless tools available to facilitate the implementation of remote work. I did define well which ones you are going to use as a corporate tool and make it clear to everyone.
Of course, nothing is free and less than the Internet and everything that being connected implies. However, I have good news, it is not impossible, and here I take the opportunity to bite into it and talk a little about what I know best and also (I like it most) which is the IT Infrastructure. You may be thinking that this whole situation is too much for you and that you are very far from being able to successfully achieve remote work , and even more so if you are or work in
an SME, believe me not.
- Technology is not an expense, it is the best investment you can make in your company
- Sizing a suitable solution for your company
- Select recognized brands
- Know what the installed base is in similar environments
- Ongoing support and maintenance
- Constantly updated
Working remotely is not the cuckoo, if you struggle with an immensity of myths, it is not necessary for me to list them for you, you know them better than anyone. You will see how day by day they will disappear, give yourself the possibility to take advantage of this circumstance and get to know your team better.
If you think I can help you or you would like to deepen this topic, write me, let me know from where I will do it, but I assure you that I will do my best to help you and your team to know Remote Work.